[SURBL-Discuss] Re: better TLD handling

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Sun May 2 01:56:22 CEST 2004

Jeff Chan wrote:

> I think we're lacking places like Deutschland .de

There are no special SLDs.  Some names are reserved, IIRC all
domains must have 3 or more characters (with four historical
exceptions like ix.de) not matching abbreviations used on car
plates (e.g. you can't have oha.de, because OHA stands for
Osterode/Harz).  Maybe gTLDs also cant't be used as SLD, test:

com.de => invalid, dito net.de / org.de / mil.de / arpa.de /
int.de.  But they have aero.de / museum.de / coop.de / pro.de,
hm...  forget it, you don't need reserved de SLDs for SURBL ;-)

                            Bye, Frank