[SURBL-Discuss] Re: Applying SURBL against blog comment spammers

Kelson kelson at speed.net
Thu Sep 2 10:24:13 CEST 2004

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions wrote:
> Which blogger are you using?
>
> I moved my own blog over to Wordpress a couple of months ago and I haven't
> had any issues with comment spammers since.

Oh, they hit us WordPress users too, just not as often as MT.  Having it
automatically moderate comments with certain keywords or more than X
number of links helps cut it down, and the ability to (a) see all the
latest comments and (b) mass-delete comments reduces the pain of
cleanup.  But they do target WP blogs from time to time.

I tend to get a pair of comments sent to the moderation queue every few
weeks (presumably they figure if the first two didn't show up, they
won't waste their time with more), but just this morning I had to delete
a spam comment that came in last night and didn't trip the moderation
rules.  (One of those with the generic "I like your site" messages and
the author's URL being the spamvertized site.)

--
Kelson Vibber