[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: pj.surbl.org - list from Joe Wein and Pr olocation data

Chris Santerre csanterre at merchantsoverseas.com
Fri Sep 17 15:46:56 CEST 2004

AS usual, I'm thinking different from everyone else :)

I do NOT like the idea of more lists.

1) The lists are dynamic, so FP rates will change.
2) Too many lists make it more difficult for the devs to GA and perceptron
run all of them. Causing a slow down in scoring for SA and others.
3) Run a diff and find out where we have our FPs.
4) More lookups for mutli
5) Too many list options will drive some potential users away.
6) K.I.S.S.

The only reason I see having more lists is if the data is specifically
different throughout the whole list.

ie: phishing, UC, regular spam, blog, ect....

His list data is the same kind as WS. So really....why seperate?

We just keep getting our FP rate lower and it will all be good.

--Chris (The devils advocate.)