[SURBL-Discuss] Additional phish/fraud list

David Hooton david.hooton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 05:04:18 CEST 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:49:07 -0700, Jeff Chan <jeffc at surbl.org> wrote:

> Thanks for your feedback, David!
>
> I agree FPs shouldn't happen too often with Phishes.
>
> Is there much overlap between the MailSecurity and MailPolice
> phishing data?

I'm still investigating this now, but even if there is an overlap I'd
say it would be minimal, we've found that geography seems to dictate
the general profile of phishing attacks.  Businesses and users from
differing countries and even states seem to recieve quite different
versions of the same old story.

Some phishers are also using the trojan that they send the message
from as the redirector for the attack, so in theory every email could
have a unique IP or URL in them.

I guess what I'm saying is that there is an awful lot of phishes
happening and I don't think that Both MailSecurity and MailPolice are
seeing the same slice of the pie :)
--
Regards,

David Hooton