[SURBL-Discuss] RE: Adding SpamBouncer phishing data toph.surbl.org

Catherine Hampton ariel at spambouncer.org
Mon Aug 1 04:53:00 CEST 2005

> And quality software allows you to have it "your way" --
> as I understand it ClamAV 0.9 (we're on 0.84-2) will add
> an option.

<chuckle>  Some ClamAV developers are active on several
anti-spam lists and forums, and have been hearing complaints
about their anti-phishing filters from some of their
best customers/users.  Since they *are* reasonable folks,
they listened.

> I like it, so does Greg --others don't like it; good
> software let's us choose when possible.

Actually, I like it and regularly recommend it to users who
are running SpamBouncer on small company, academic, or ISP
mailservers.  SB's own anti-virus filters aren't bad for
getting the cr*p out of your mailbox, but they do NOT
constitute a full AV program, and aren't updated as quickly
as a good AV program.  Despite my annoyance with one policy
decision, I'm not dumb enough not to recognize that ClamAV is
a good AV program.  (Better than merely good, according to
friends of mine who work at other AV companies and should
know.)

--
Catherine Hampton <ariel at spambouncer.org>
The SpamBouncer         *     <http://www.spambouncer.org/>