[SURBL-Discuss] Re: SURBL: sc2 vs sc?

Daniel Kleinsinger danielk at avalonpub.com
Tue Aug 2 08:37:19 CEST 2005

Jeff Chan wrote:
> It's sounding like the sc2 list is catching 10-15% more spam than
> the sc list, based on some early reports of SA users.  Is anyone
> else getting some results?
>
> Are there differences in ham hits?
>
> How about xs.surbl.org?
Since 7/27 config change to add sc2 my server has tagged 27,609 messages
as spam:
URIBL_SC2_SURBL has hit on 15,981 messages, all of which were tagged spam
URIBL_SC_SURBL has hit on 14,105 messages, all of which were tagged spam
URIBL_XS_SURBL has hit on 13,165 messages, 3 of which were not tagged
spam; however, all 3 look like a fn or damaged virus.

So SC2 catches about 13% more messages for me.  In the week prior to
7/25 (when you told me the XS config changed) XS hit on average 1570
messages per day.  Since then it has averaged 2,175 messages per day.