[SURBL-Discuss] Re: SURBL: sc2 vs sc?

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Fri Aug 5 05:53:32 CEST 2005

On Thursday, August 4, 2005, 5:29:00 AM, Rob McEwen wrote:
> Last night, I ran SC2 against a corpus of 119,000 messages consisting of
> about 97-99% ham. This was a corpus of mostly ham mail which had made it
> past my filter over the past few months. (BTW, my percentages keep getting
> better, so most of that small percentage of spam in this corpus was from a
> few months ago).

> SC2 caught about 150 messages from this corpus. ALL of these caught messages
> were spam. It did NOT "block" a single ham.

Thanks much for the feeback Bil, Rob and others earlier and
off-list.

If the SA folks don't have time to do a corpus check on SC2, then
maybe we should go ahead and put SC2 into production.  I'd still
feel better with a large ham check from them before doing it
though.

Don't harm innocent bystanders.