[SURBL-Announce] All three lists set to distribute plain text only

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Sun Apr 11 02:24:18 CEST 2004

FWIW I've changed all three lists to send out only plain text.

I have no idea if that's standard practice in Mailman, but like
most, ahem, experienced Internet users I prefer my mail messages
as plaintext.  And it was a simple change of the top default
content setting, so I assume it's the most common switch used
(after ~not filtered).

Specifically Mailman will filter out any attachments that are
not multipart/mixed, multipart/alternative, or text/plain,
and convert any resulting text/html messages to plain text.

Messages that have not recursively resolvable plain text are
rejected back to the sender with an explanation, if I'm reading
the Mailman description correctly.

Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc at surbl.org
http://www.surbl.org/