[SURBL-Announce] Welcoming three public name servers, checking with others, lists

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Wed Jun 16 02:58:31 CEST 2004

We'd like to welcome and thank three new public name servers
administered by:

  Jake Zack of avalonworks.com
  Tony Copeland of uncw.edu
  Joe Boyce of shasta.com

I think some other people may have offered to serve up
the SURBL zones publically, and any help spreading the
load around further will be appreciated.  It looks like
use of SURBLs could take off especially as SpamAssassin
3.0 has built in support for them using urirhsbl.

If anyone else would like to serve zones publically,
please contact Raymond and I at rsync at surbl.org .

I should mention that we are now adding a zone with
about 40k entries, ob.surbl.org, and we will also
ask to serve a combined list multi.surbl.org soon.
Multi will have the same number of entries as the
largest list.  Currently that's ws.surbl.org with
under 20k entries, but multi will go to 40k when
we add in ob in.  sc.surbl.org remains at around
500 entries but could change when I get around to
working on the new data engine.  We will try to
deprecate be.surbl.org since its domains are now in
ws.  We're still working out the details of what
happens to be after that happens.

More information on the lists can be found at:

  http://www.surbl.org/lists.html

though I have not documented ob there yet.

We are also looking into some other potential spam
URI data sources such as proxypots, etc.:

  http://proxypot.org/

Cheers,

Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc at surbl.org