[SURBL-Announce] fraud.rhs.mailpolice.com phishing data added to ph SURBL

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Fri Nov 12 07:35:02 CET 2004

As of 12 November 2004, we have added data from
fraud.rhs.mailpolice.com into ph, joining our exiting phishing
data from mailsecurity.net.au.  This has doubled the size of
our phishing list to about 1000 records.  Unlike other SURBLs,
data from this fraud list includes a few deliberate subdomains
as found in URIs.  (Because SURBL clients are expected to reduce
subdomains to base domains, an occasional mismatch in domain
levels between data and client should not cause false positives.)
Thanks to Jay Swackhamer of MailPolice for gathering this data
and making it available to us.

At the time of this message, overlap between
fraud.rhs.mailpolice.com and mailsecurity.net.au's phishing list
was 36 records.  Overlap between fraud.rhs.mailpolice.com and
all other existing SURBLs, including ph.surbl.org, is 89 records.

Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc at surbl.org
http://www.surbl.org/