[SURBL-Announce] Lists archivess are available at correct URL

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Sun Oct 31 14:10:29 CET 2004

Hi All, and Welcome to the folks who recently joined!

Looks like the list archive links need a slight fix.
Currently the URLs have the host as "localhost.localdomain"
where that should be "lists.surbl.org" instead.  Let me ask
Raymond to please update that config in Mailman. :-)  In the
meantime all the list archives can be found at:

  http://lists.surbl.org/pipermail/announce/

  http://lists.surbl.org/pipermail/discuss/

  http://lists.surbl.org/pipermail/zones/

Of perhaps special interest, please see and comment on
the proposal on the discussion list for the second revision of
the sc.surbl.org data engine which will resolve spam domains to
IP addresses and prejudice future domain reports based on prior
statistics for those IP addresses.  (These IP addresses would
only be used internally and the resulting hopefully-improved RBL
data would still be domain-based.  It does not represent a shift
to a numbered RBL *for URI checking*, which I feel is a suboptimal
approach.)  I think this could be a very effective way to catch
spam operations and spam ISPs with simply more intelligent use of
the existing SpamCop URI domain data.  That thread starts at:

  http://lists.surbl.org/pipermail/discuss/2004-April/000002.html

Frankly I think it's going to rock and would like your comments
on it.

Cheers,

Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc at surbl.org