[SURBL-Announce] ANNOUNCE: Top SURBL DNS queries and whitelist hits

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Tue Sep 7 03:55:12 CEST 2004

We've made a list of the top SURBL DNS queries into my name server:

  http://www.surbl.org/dns-queries.counts.txt

and a version with only whitelist hits:

  http://www.surbl.org/dns-queries.whitelist.counts.txt

The sample size is somewhat small at 32k queries over the last 48
trailing hours, but it's still somewhat interesting.  Specifically
2000 queries are sampled every 3 hours.  (Please ignore some of
the junk at the end of the unwhitelisted counts.  That's stuff
left over from DNS packets which I haven't cleaned out yet.)

I'm slightly surprised how high in the total rankings some spam
domains are.  That represents a huge amount of spam sent and
blocked.  :-)

Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc at surbl.org
http://www.surbl.org/