Blacklist was [SURBL-Discuss] Howdy

Doc Schneider maddoc at maddoc.net
Sun Apr 11 10:45:09 CEST 2004

William Stearns wrote:

> 	The approach made sense to me as well.
> http://www.stearns.org/sa-blacklist/spamip.current.txt is the report
> created from the A record harvesting.
> 	I'd be glad to provide the raw data collected over the past 5
> months.  I also have SOA and whois data for the entire sa-blacklist.

William,

I'd be interested in seeing this. I've got a stupid spammer who has like
a million domains, all resolving to one NS and of course there is no
mailserver running there. Actually now looks like he has 2 IPs for MX
218.106.116.147 and 218.106.114.212 the bastard is driving me nuts!

I have a script I run that attempts to discard his domain mail, but
doesn't really work that great and I never have a lot of time to tweak
it. Be that as it may, he is one of the big reasons I am now working
with you all on SURBL.

Funny thing is that he is just hitting a highly moderated list and
nothing is happening to his mail but getting filtered to the bit bucket.

I still need to install the plugin for the SURBL into spamassassin. I'll
try to get it done maybe today. I work graveyards so I do sleep during
the day.

Thanks,

-Doc