[SURBL-Discuss] Howdy

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Sun Apr 11 18:51:10 CEST 2004

Hi!

> Update: I'm thinking of storing class C sized bins for the
> tallies.  That's very quick and gets "nearness" automatically.
> (In other words, any IPs in the same /24 could be counted
> together initially.)  How does that sound?   Do I lose much
> by that deliberate imprecision?  How much do the spammers move
> IPs?  Would numerical nearness matter/help in detecting them?

I personally like the way DSBL handles this, if a spammer moved we will
find out pretty quickly, if you list a /24 you will get in a lot of Ips
that have nothing to do with the blocks, most of the time. For example
spammers using a open proxy.

DSBL is doing very ok there, its the only list i use for blocking at SMTP
level.

http://www.dsbl.org

Bye,
Raymond.