[SURBL-Discuss] Here it comes.

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Tue Apr 13 00:46:48 CEST 2004

Hi!

> 	The slashdot effect is probably hammering surbl.org right now.
> Someone posted surbl.org to http://slashdot.org/
> 	The slashdot comments aren't terribly positive - I have no problem
> with that.  I figure I'll keep contributing as long as it continues to be
> useful.

Most people writing there did most likely not even look on the project at
all. I personally have some good results with the lists on my own servers.
Surely, this wont stop spam, thats not the idea anyway, it will help, and
surely spammers will come with new things. So this wont be the last idea
popping up. Spammers take a next step, we can only follow.

For me its working great, i heard some positive results from other large
setups also.

On my setup its helping to boost up the SA scores, it wont block only on
SURBL, its only helping making a good view on whats comming in.

Bye,
Raymond.