[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: New name for sa.surbl.org

William Stearns wstearns at pobox.com
Mon Apr 12 23:27:12 CEST 2004

Good evening, Jeff,

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, Jeff Chan wrote:

> On Monday, April 12, 2004, 5:21:40 PM, Jeff Chan wrote:
> > Bill's list was meant to work with
> > SpamAssassin, but is made by him and not that community
> > specifically.
>
> Needless to say :-) Bill's list in RBL form becomes useable
> far beyond SpamAssassin.  As an RBL it can be used with any
> program that can resolve names in an RBL and parse message
> body URIs into domains.  That would include future milters, etc.
>
> So who has some alternate name suggestions instead of
> "sa.surbl.org," or would sb or ws be ok?

	In the end, it really doesn't matter.  It could be called
floogleglooble.surbl.org and it would still have the same content.
	Let's make this last call for opinions.  Jeff, unless you hear
from anyone else with a strong opinion, let's pick.  I vote we move away
from the s* that's a little too close to the sc.surbl.org; we'll be
fielding confused user questions.  Lets change the name to ws.surbl.org.
	We'll need to continue to put the list out as sa.surbl.org for a
week or so after changing the instructions on www.surbl.org _and_
announcing it to the discuss and announce lists _and_ switching over all
secondaries.  Then we can simply stop answering queries on that domain.
	Cheers,
	- Bill

Boucher's Observation:
        He who blows his own horn always plays the music several octaves
higher than originally written.
(Courtesy of "Brett W. McCoy" <bmccoy at chapelperilous.net>)