[SURBL-Discuss] DNS load on slartibartfast.pa.net

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Tue Apr 13 01:10:06 CEST 2004

On Monday, April 12, 2004, 10:56:13 PM, Kelsey Cummings wrote:
> Wouldn't hurt to pickup a
> few anycasted secondaries either.  (I'm working on it at Sonic, but it's
> still a way out.)

Is anycast DNS up?  I assume that means having multiple "primary"
equivalents scattered throughout the Internet.  Got FAQ URI?  ;-)

It's interesting because I was thinking about how to do a
failover to a backup data engine/name server/zone file source.
If anycast means multiple primaries in essence, then it could
help answer the backup server question in a clean way.

Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc at surbl.org
http://www.surbl.org/