[SURBL-Discuss] Openrbl.org

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Fri Apr 16 16:35:25 CEST 2004

Additional info from http://www.openrbl.org/feedback :

> The website openrbl.org:
>
>     * is NOT a blocklist or DNSBL
>     * does NOT list domains, only ip-addresses
>     * does NOT block mail or anything else
>     * does NOT remove or retest anything
>     * does NOT secure your mailserver
>     * is NOT operated at the addresses published via DNS
>       those are only dumb proxies to protect against DDOS

Domains are what we mostly have, so if they're not listing
domains, then being on openrbl.org may not be too useful.

However, does anyone think that using proxies to the real SURBL
name servers might be useful to us....  (or know how to set that
up?)