[SURBL-Discuss] Openrbl.org

John Fawcett johnml at michaweb.net
Sat Apr 17 02:59:23 CEST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Chan"

If you type a hostname into the form at www.openrbl.org
it gets mapped to the corresponding ip and then the results
are returned for the ip (which is no good for surbl).

The following site contains a long list of dnsbl's including a section on
domain based lists (RHSBL Lists)
http://www.geocities.com/spamresources/filter-dnsbl-lists.htm#domain

It might be worthwhile getting surbl added, providing it's made clear
in the notes that it is intended to be queried for body checks not
header checks.

> However, does anyone think that using proxies to the real SURBL
> name servers might be useful to us....  (or know how to set that
> up?)

Spamhaus has probably got one of the best infrastructures to
protect against DDOS. Anyone have any contacts? I remember
reading that they're under continual DDOS but they never feel it.
Also SORBS is another list that has held out against DDOS, IIRC.

John