[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: SURBL software implemetation guidelines

Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz Jose-Marcio.Martins at ensmp.fr
Tue Apr 20 18:39:50 CEST 2004

Jeff Chan wrote:
> On Sunday, April 18, 2004, 7:53:46 PM, Eric Kolve wrote:
>
>>Currently SpamCopURI checks both the 2nd and 3rd level domain regardless
>>of the TLD.  I believe SA 3.0 does a little better job of this.
>

> Sounds good.  That should catch everything with few false
> positives, since we're filtering out most ccTLDs on the data
> side and not too many get reported in the first place.

Why not declare wildcards records at DNS to solve randomness and doing a
single DNS query ?

Instead of declaring

spammer.com   A  127.0.0.1

you could declare :

spammer.com      A   127.0.0.2
*.spammer.com    A   127.0.0.2

Does this work ?

I run a home rbl and I do this to block an entire IP class.

Jose-Marcio