[SURBL-Discuss] RFC: SURBL software implemetation guidelines

Simon Byrnand simon at igrin.co.nz
Wed Apr 21 14:52:57 CEST 2004

> Simon Byrnand wrote:
>> In other words, if SA looked up abc.spammer.com.sc.surbl.org and the abc
>> part was actually a wildcard, would the local caching nameserver cache
>> abc.spammer.com.sc.surbl.org or *.spammer.com.sc.surbl.org ?
>
> abc.spammer.com.sc.surbl.org
>
> The local DNS server never sees the wildcard.

Ok, definately no good from a point of view of local caching then, which
is what I thought. The current method of stripping the domain back to the
registrar level and querying that seems to be the most efficient from the
client end perspective, as randomized subdomains can be efficiently
handled since only the base domain needs to be cached...

Regards,
Simon