[SURBL-Discuss] Re: Bill Stearns' sa-blacklist available as SURBL: ws.surbl.org

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Tue Apr 20 21:50:36 CEST 2004

On Tuesday, April 20, 2004, 7:12:25 PM, Scott Truman wrote:
>  On Tuesday, April 20, 2004, 6:10:30 PM, Bill Landry wrote:

>  > 127.0.0.2 = Spamcop
>  > 127.0.0.3 = WS List
>  > 127.0.0.4 = BigEvil List
>  > 127.0.0.5 = etc...

>  > Same thing multi-test RBLs like AHBL, Sorbs, Blars,
>  FiveTen, NJABL and
>  > others do.

> One could even extend that as such (if they don't already):

>  127.0.0.2 = SC List
>  127.0.0.4 = WS List
>  127.0.0.8 = BigEvil List
>  127.0.0.16 = Someother List
>  etc....

>  Multiple hits for the same lookup could be returned by combining the last octet i.e. a result of 127.0.0.10 would indicate the URI was found in both the SC and BigEvil lists. If one was only
> interested in what SC found, then one would AND the result with 127.0.0.2

Nice.  We probably will do an "all" list, so this is good to
think about.

Does anyone have any comments about either approach?  Bill seems
to indicate there was a precedent in other "combining" RBLs, but
Scott's suggestion is also clever.

(BTW Pardon the large cross posting, but this is the sort of thing
that would be good to work out up front.  Maybe if someone could
gateway the question to other RBL folks for comment....)