[SURBL-Discuss] ANNOUNCE: Mail::SpamAsssassin::SpamCopURI 0.11

Eric Kolve ekolve at comcast.net
Tue Apr 20 22:40:17 CEST 2004

I have just released SpamCopURI version 0.11.  This fixes a few
bugs that had been reported and adds open redirect resolution.

This basically takes a URL from say rd.yahoo.com and attempts
to resolve the Location header without ever fetching from
the potential spammy site.

Only the URLs that have hosts that match an address list get
redirect resolution.  As well, redirect resolution is off
by default, but can be enabled in the conf file.  I have
placed several open redirect sites in the conf file.
The basic requirement is that the redirect return a 300
level HTTP response when fetching.  I placed google.com
in there even though they don't have their own redirect
domain, but this should be fairly safe since most if not
all google URLs are either redirects or searches.  Give
it a try and tell me what you think.  This is all dependent
upon LWP, but if you don't have LWP everything else
will function as it did before.

I have removed all the deprecated tests that depended on local Storable
data. See the INSTALL file for information about upgrading
from a previous version. There is all a bit more information
about installation that should help those that had trouble
in the past.

--eric