[SURBL-Discuss] BigEvil + MidEvil as SURBL

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Tue Apr 20 23:40:11 CEST 2004

Chris Santerre forwarded me a script from Gary Funck called
expand_regexp.pl which apparently is designed to expand SA
regexps into domains.  I used that on BigEvil and MidEvil to
turn them into an SURBL, be.surbl.org, but I want to get a
couple details sorted out before turning it live.

BigEvil is a fairly slowly moving list.  Paul Barbeau's MidEvil
is quicker moving and gets new domains usually before Chris can
get them into BE.  In that sense ME is a feeder of changes into
BE.  Since they are closely related, I merged them into a single
be.surbl.org.  I hope Chris and Paul agree that's appropriate.

What I'd like to know is what TTLs I should use on the BE data.
Probably it depends on how often ME is typically updated.  So...
how often does ME get updated Paul?  :-)

Also I'd like feedback on the TXT message.  I've got the
placeholder:

  "Blocked in BigEvil. See: http://www.rulesemporium.com/"

but would like feedback on it.

TIA & Cheers!