[SURBL-Discuss] Re: Bill Stearns' sa-blacklist available as SURBL: ws.surbl.org

Doc Schneider maddoc at maddoc.net
Wed Apr 21 00:45:38 CEST 2004

[forwarded response from announce list]

Chris Santerre wrote:
> The ONLY complaint anyone ever had with Stearn's list was the overhead. With
> it setup this way, there is no stopping him!! :)
>
> Great job by Bill and Jeff!
>
> --Chris (Yeah I know,....the list.) :-)

[snip]
>>Wow, I implemented this yesterday and, after about 18 hours,
>>this rule was
>>#4 in my list of most-used rules!  Good job, guys!
[snap]

I'm getting most excellent spam catching here.
For a while was only catching 70-80% but now am catchng closer to 95+%
Still have the odd one slipping through.

Which reminds me I need to grab a new bigevil 8*)

And even though Bill Stearns list does take a bit f overhead I am still
using it and a whole slug of other rules as well as wc.surbl.org. But
the surbl is the one that is now doing the most catching.

-Doc