[SURBL-Discuss] BigEvil + MidEvil as SURBL

Chris Santerre csanterre at merchantsoverseas.com
Wed Apr 21 10:30:05 CEST 2004

I already am ;)

Yeah, usually I update BigEvil a lot more often. I'm dealing with a lot of
projects now. Some are even work related ;) And then some are beta testing a
new game :-)  Paul and I are still working out how we can merge ME and BE
together without a lot of work. But I have no problems at all combining the
ME and BE together and letting Paul add just as much as me. He knows my
basic criteria for checking the domains.

A few things off the top of my head. Sorry if they have been discussed, I
have a LOT of email to read :)

1) BigEvil wildcards. Not sure how you would handle these. Something like
evil\d{2,4}spam\.com is a general wildcard. Some of those domains don't even
exhist. Not sure how SURBL will handle that.

2) Where would I send updates? As single domains, or a txt list? How would I
remove an FP?

3) What is the quickest way to check a domain against the other SURBL lists?
Basically I see no reason to duplicate the listings. *gulp* and on a
Windowze machine? (Don't ask!)

4) Has there been any talk with the sendmail people? It would be interesting
to actually block at the MTA level based on an evil URL. I realise the
inherent dangers in this ;)

--Chris