[SURBL-Discuss] First attempt to subvert surbl approach ? :)

Simon Byrnand simon at igrin.co.nz
Thu Apr 22 13:38:06 CEST 2004

At 12:30 22/04/2004, you wrote:

>Just browsing through my spam folder and noticed a spam with the following
[URL snipped]

>(without the -munged of course)

Well that blew up in my face. My own SpamAssassin running SpamCopURI-0.12
(and the redirect parser enabled) picked that URL up despite my attempt to
mung it, and matched it against both sc and ws :) Fortunately BAYES_00 was
enough to prevent it from actually being blocked, but possibly some of you
out there may have blocked it...

I can see one disadvantage to surbl - it makes it pretty hard to discuss
the domain names of spammers ;)

Regards,
Simon