[SURBL-Discuss] Re: ANNOUNCE: Mail::SpamAsssassin::SpamCopURI 0.11

Simon Byrnand simon at igrin.co.nz
Thu Apr 22 15:55:33 CEST 2004

At 14:39 22/04/2004, Eric Kolve wrote:

>I can add something that will cache on a per test basis the results
>from the queries so the above scenario should be knocked down
>to just 3 queries instead of 120.  I have been a little hesitant to
>cache misses since I could see where a miss could become a hit later on,
>but since I would only be caching per test this shouldn't be an issue.

You mean 6 queries ? Assuming you still test both 2nd level and 3rd level
possibilities seperately, as now.

And as far as caching goes, it shouldn't be a problem, because you just
want to avoid doing a whole string of identical dns lookups - only cache
identical lookups, and the caching should only last for one run of SA
processing one message...(We assume that no new blacklist records appear in
the middle of processing a specific message, or that if they do we don't
care ;-)

Regards,
Simon