[SURBL-Discuss] ANNOUNCE: Mail::SpamAsssassin::SpamCopURI 0.13

Eric Kolve ekolve at comcast.net
Thu Apr 22 18:41:34 CEST 2004

I have just released SpamCopURI 0.13.  This release adds some
basic query caching as well as registrar based lookups against
the RBL.  Instead of querying for both the 2nd and 3rd level
domain we are now only querying for the 2nd OR the 3rd based
on the TLD.  Let me know if you see any issues with this: false
positives, misses that should be hits, etc.

We are now caching the query results on a per test basis
so multiple URLs to the same to domain should only get checked
once per RBL.

There is also a change that fixes a compile error under
Perl 5.005 reported on this list.

Open redirect resolution is still off by default.  I would
like to hear how this has worked out for those that have
enabled it.  Do you think its safe enough to enabled it
by default?

The latest release can be retrieved from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/spamcopuri

--eric