[SURBL-Discuss] ANNOUNCE: Mail::SpamAsssassin::SpamCopURI 0.14

Simon Byrnand simon at igrin.co.nz
Fri Apr 23 15:43:31 CEST 2004

> Release 0.14 is up on sourceforge.net.
> Sorry about all these releases.  This is just a small
> one to fix the 'Modification of non-creatable array value attempted'
> error a few people have been seeing.
>
> You can fetch it at http://sourceforge.net/projects/spamcopuri

Hi Eric,

Well 0.14 (compared to 0.11) has definately cut the DNS queries down to
size....... almost.... I notice one strange thing, after resolving a
redirected URL it seems to perform a DNS lookup on the actual URL as well
as looking it up on SURBL. For example:

query: evergreen--munged--wholesaledist.info.ws.surbl.org IN A
query: yahoo.com.sc.surbl.org IN A
query: rd.yahoo.com IN A

The first query is the properly extracted redirect URL, the second query
is the base of the URL, yahoo.com, but the third query puzzles me. Why
look up rd.yahoo.com itself ?

Regards,
Simon