[SURBL-Discuss] packaging SpamCopURI

Robert Brooks robb at hyperlink-interactive.co.uk
Fri Apr 23 16:05:02 CEST 2004

Eric Kolve wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 09:40:01AM +0100, Robert Brooks wrote:
>
>>Eric Kolve wrote:
>>
>>>I could have made a patch instead of just overwriting, but I thought
>>>it would be easier to install if I didn't patch since
>>>users would then have to locate the .pm files and directly patch
>>>them.
>>
>>yes, hardly ideal, perhaps a patch in the tarball as an alternative method.
>>Is there any chance the common code will get accepted into 2.64?
>

> I am working on a more intelligent Makefile.PL that attempts to
> determine where you have installed SA and install over it.

hmmm, I guess I can do it myself, but what I'd like to do is add a patch for the
common files to the SpamAssassin rpm and then make a separate rpm with
SpamCopURI.pm etc in.

> Its not likely this will get incorporated into 2.64.

yes, I see SA3.0 is not too far away.

--
Robert Brooks,         Network Manager,      Hyperlink Interactive Ltd
<robb at hyperlink-interactive.co.uk> http://hyperlink-interactive.co.uk/