[SURBL-Discuss] Re: [RulesEmporium] Rbldns and wildcards

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Fri Apr 23 17:29:52 CEST 2004

On Friday, April 23, 2004, 4:20:34 PM, Jeff Chan wrote:
> Indeed, I just realized an embarrassing screw-up on my part.

> There are two different programs with similar names and
> slightly different properties,including zone file differences:

>   rbldns

>   rbldnsd

> We are using rbldnsd zone files.   I need to update the web site
> to reflect this and post an announcement.

Probably we should change the names (or rather *add* names) for
the rbldnsd zone file with the extention .rbldnsd, in addition
to the slightly misnamed .rbldns

(IOW update all web references to say .rbldnsd, and maintain zone
files with both extensions for backward compatibility for people
who don't get the message to change to the new extenstion.)

Comments?

BTW, the reason I called them rbldns is that I *thought* I was
referring to the generic form of rbldnsd files, where d referred
to the daemon for them.  Google me better!