[SURBL-Discuss] second and third level domains - again!

Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz Jose-Marcio.Martins at ensmp.fr
Mon Apr 26 10:25:24 CEST 2004

Second and third levels from France...

.fr domains are reserved only to government and for companies legally
registered in France. Foreign companies with an office in France, but
without legal register can't have a ".fr." domain.

Also, there are second level domains dedicated to some professional
activities : e.g. ".avocat.fr" for the lawyers...

So there are many second level tlds in france (I couldn't get the
complete list - I'll try to do as soon as I have time to ) :

.fr
.tm.fr
.gouv.fr
.asso.fr
.nom.fr
.avocat.fr
.notaire.fr
.barreau.fr
.mairie.fr

".re" domains (Ile de la Reunion) follow the same rules.

Best

Jose-Marcio