[SURBL-Discuss] another redirector ?

John Wilcock john at tradoc.fr
Wed Apr 28 09:08:16 CEST 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:37:17 -0700, Eric Kolve wrote:
> As well, just because one new redirector is found, doesn't mean the spamming community
> at large knows about it or knows they need to switch.  Most will continue to use
> rd.yahoo.com, g.msn.com, etc. not knowing they need to switch.

Except that spammers are known to read antispam mailing lists, so you
can be fairly sure that they will soon catch on.

> If the problem of open redirectors becomes endemic, we could have another RHSRBL that
> we could look up URLs against to determine whether they are an open redirector. This
> would tell us whether we should try to resolve the redirect and could change dynamically
> as we discovered new ones much the same way URLs are added to the standard blacklist.

That sounds like the way to go - any hardcoded list is bound to come to
the attention of the spammers sooner or later.

John.

--
-- Over 2400 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - www.tradoc.fr