[SURBL-Discuss] another redirector ?

Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz Jose-Marcio.Martins at ensmp.fr
Wed Apr 28 09:57:14 CEST 2004

What I do is to check all the URLs present.

On the other side, you can ALLWAYS add some points to the score if you
find a URL with redirection.

John Wilcock wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:37:17 -0700, Eric Kolve wrote:
>
>>As well, just because one new redirector is found, doesn't mean the spamming community
>>at large knows about it or knows they need to switch.  Most will continue to use
>>rd.yahoo.com, g.msn.com, etc. not knowing they need to switch.
>

> Except that spammers are known to read antispam mailing lists, so you
> can be fairly sure that they will soon catch on.
>

>>If the problem of open redirectors becomes endemic, we could have another RHSRBL that
>>we could look up URLs against to determine whether they are an open redirector. This
>>would tell us whether we should try to resolve the redirect and could change dynamically
>>as we discovered new ones much the same way URLs are added to the standard blacklist.
>

> That sounds like the way to go - any hardcoded list is bound to come to
> the attention of the spammers sooner or later.
>
> John.

  Jose Marcio MARTINS DA CRUZ           Tel. :(33) 01.40.51.93.41
  Ecole des Mines de Paris              http://j-chkmail.ensmp.fr
  60, bd Saint Michel                http://www.ensmp.fr/~martins
  75272 - PARIS CEDEX 06      mailto:Jose-Marcio.Martins at ensmp.fr