[SURBL-Discuss] access.db -> Bind zone file converter

Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz Jose-Marcio.Martins at ensmp.fr
Wed Apr 28 12:08:48 CEST 2004

David Hooton wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> We're wanting to move a bunch of our rather huge sendmail access files into
> bind compliant zone files.  Does anyone have a tool that can do this in a
> slightly more automated way than our current options?

sendmail 8.13 will have TCP MAP. This means, instead of using .db files,
you'll be able to redirect your queries to some "query server". This
query server may be, e.g. a script which converts the query to DNS
query. Check sendmail 8.13 alpha version. At contrib directory, there is
a sample perl script to answer this kind of queries.

> We're also looking for a tool to convert a domain list into our own surbl
> zone (for the moment private, but we may release it later) again any
> pointers greatly appreciated :-)

You can do that with a simple perl script. I've a 150 lines long to
generate our private RBL with bind. If you want to do that with domain
names instead of IP addresses, it will be shorter indeed.

I can send it to you if you want.

Best

Jose-Marcio

> Regards,
>

> David Hooton
>
> Senior Partner
>
> Platform Networks
>
> www.platformnetworks.net

  Jose Marcio MARTINS DA CRUZ           Tel. :(33) 01.40.51.93.41
  Ecole des Mines de Paris              http://j-chkmail.ensmp.fr
  60, bd Saint Michel                http://www.ensmp.fr/~martins
  75272 - PARIS CEDEX 06      mailto:Jose-Marcio.Martins at ensmp.fr