[SURBL-Discuss] Re: Don't want to give ham lists for creating whitelists

Daniel Quinlan quinlan at pathname.com
Fri Apr 30 20:00:40 CEST 2004

Jeff Chan <jeffc at surbl.org> writes:

> Your arguments make perfect sense in terms of SA development
> and use, but hopefully my reasons for asking also make some
> sense.

Not really once you consider than most of the listed URLs in our ham are
actually spam domains being discussed in the context of anti-spam
efforts.  Looking at URLs in the body is never going to have a perfect
S/O ratio -- even non-developers discuss spam, forward funny spam,
innocently link to interesting content on primarily spamvertized sites,
etc.

> I guess it's time to stop asking.  :-(

There are plenty of ways for you to get whitelist URLs without relying
on our corpora.

--
Daniel Quinlan                     anti-spam (SpamAssassin), Linux,
http://www.pathname.com/~quinlan/    and open source consulting