[SURBL-Discuss] Re: [SURBL-Announce] ANNOUNCE: Mail::SpamAssassin::SpamCopURI 0.20

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Wed Aug 4 03:02:56 CEST 2004

On Wednesday, August 4, 2004, 1:50:11 AM, Martin Martin wrote:
> Jeff Chan wrote:

>> In some ways it's kind of clean to copy the a similar 20
>> random setting that SA 3.0 is using by default, though I
>> wouldn't mind hearing some comments from folks about this
>> also.  (I'm not convinced it's necessarily the best algorithm,
>> just that it is one.  ;-)

> Will this changes affect users running SpamCopUri v.0.20 in some way? Do
> we need to modify anything after Eric have made this modifications?

It depends on whether he makes his changes backwards compatible.
I suppose he could support both notations:

  127.0.0.0/2

and

  127.0.0.0+2

to mean the same thing if he wanted to.

Setting a default limit on the maximum number of URIs checked
should not cause any significant compatibility problems.

Certainly I'm encouraging a speedy update so everyone can
use the new settings soon.  :-)