[SURBL-Discuss] Redirection service - rg3.net, listed in WS.

Patrik Nilsson patrik at patrik.com
Thu Aug 5 21:29:26 CEST 2004

Hi,

rg3.net is listed in WS.

It is a redirection service, redirecting third level domains like
polimidia.rg3.net.

They might have spammy third level domains, but they do have non-spammy
ones as well.

Not sure whitelisting the second level domains is the best way to handle
these kind of redirection services though.

If they are whitelisted, we can't blacklist third levels below those
domains that are spammy, right?

Wouldn't it be better if we could treat these kind of third level
redirectors similarly to the way we treat subdelegated country domains -
checking the third level domain rather than the second?

Extending what is done in RegistrarBoundaries.pm for URIDNSBL would
probably be easier than doing something similar in SpamCopURI though.

Patrik