{Spam?} RE: [SURBL-Discuss] RE: (1) Another Possible FP, and (2) header parsing issues

Rob McEwen rob at pvsys.com
Thu Aug 12 16:53:26 CEST 2004

Raymond,

Maybe I'm reading into things, but your tone seems a bit harsh. To be sure,
let me say that nobody here or on that other forum has bitched or complained
about this. SURBL got rave reviews on that other site. I did forward this
information to that site as Jeff requested to help educate them.

As for my own server, rather than turning parsing of headers "off", I'm
currently doing a test where I SURBL-check headers ONLY if the
SURBL-checking of the body doesn't get marked as spam. Next, if the body of
the message is "clean" and the header gets checked, I'm saving ALL of these
into a special folder where I can investigate for myself the
benefits/drawback using real-world data. I understand that this is not the
prescribed way to use SURBL... but, even if I don't like the results, this
may be beneficial as a "flagging" or "scoring" system where I could then
allow these particular messages through, but have then handy to see what is
not getting blocked by other filtering.

Rob McEwen