[SURBL-Discuss] RE: (1) Another Possible FP, and (2) header p arsing issues

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Sat Aug 14 14:40:46 CEST 2004

On Saturday, August 14, 2004, 11:36:36 AM, Rik Riel wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Aug 2004, Joe Wein wrote:

>> If you make your spamtrap mailboxes accessible to me, I could
>> automatically parse any number of them as long as I can get POP3 access
>> from here.

> That would work, as long as you're willing to suck down
> about 1GB of spam per day.  I already have my spam in a
> news spool, so it can just be sucked down...

> No POP3 of course, since I'm not aware of any mail software
> that scales to mailboxes with over 100k pieces of mail a day.

I agree with Raymond, Joe and Rob.  Using Joe's process would
leverage his good work well.

I also agree with Rik that NNTP in some ways makes more sense
for this kind of large feed (as would RSS).  (POP of course is
fine for "normal" individual users.)

Some sort of a general RSS or NNTP capability into Joe's suite
could make a wonderful spamtrap receptacle for Joe and all of
us....  ;-)  If we had that we could solicit other spamtrap
feeds from people we can trust.