{Spam?} RE: [SURBL-Discuss] FP Pattern for sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org

Rob McEwen rob at pvsys.com
Sat Aug 14 18:27:01 CEST 2004

>Although its a little oftopic here i would rather suggest blocking on
>MTA level with lists like DSBL, SBL-XBL is a little too wide i think to
>use on MTA level rejects...
>
>Bye,
>Raymond

Thanks for the feedback Raymond.

Interesting... Just yesterday, I started using DSBL-checking on the "client
IP" of the message (but AFTER reception of the message, not using the
traditional RBL-blocking technique)... and saving these to a folder to
examine how many are caught by DSBL (which got past my SBL-XBL block at the
MTA level). So far, I have 49 confirmed spams and zero FPs. However, it
sounds like I probably should be doing the reverse (blocking on MTA level
with DSBL and then filtering client IPs with SBL-XBL and examining anything
caught by SBL-XBL for FPs)??

Nevertheless, I'm still interested in answers to the questiona in my
original post... only, now I'd love to also get more feedback on FPs in DSBL
and, if such even exists, whether these tend to come off the list within a
day.

Thanks,

Rob McEwen