[SURBL-Discuss] FP Pattern for sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org

Rik van Riel riel at surriel.com
Sun Aug 15 22:46:20 CEST 2004

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004, Patrik Nilsson wrote:

> Nope, I'm not confused. I've had to whitelist outgoing mail servers of
> major major Swedish ISPs after they got listed on dsbl. Those servers where
> not open proxies or globally open relays.

If it was because of open proxies or relays on client IP
addresses, those servers really should have ended up on
multihop.dsbl.org, NOT list.dsbl.org.

If you can tell me the IP address(es) in question, I'll
take a look at what happened.  If one of the trusted
testers maliciously put the wrong tested IP address in
the DSBL message, it's time to demote an account to
untrusted...

cheers,

Rik (currently inactive DSBL founder)