[SURBL-Discuss] surbl.org website down?

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Tue Aug 17 11:42:13 CEST 2004

Hi!

> I think it's to do with which nameserver you get back. I noticed when I
> switched mine to rbldnsd that other day that I was unable to resolve
> www.surbl.org from it anymore...
>
> dave at pagh:~$ dig version.bind chaos txt @ns16.surbl.org +short
> "rbldnsd"
> dave at pagh:~$ dig a  www.surbl.org @ns16.surbl.org +short
> dave at pagh:~$ dig version.bind chaos txt @ns14.surbl.org +short
> "rbldnsd 0.992 (7 Mar 2004)"
> dave at pagh:~$ dig a  www.surbl.org @ns14.surbl.org +short
> dave at pagh:~$ dig version.bind chaos txt @ns13.surbl.org +short
> "8.3.7-REL"
> dave at pagh:~$ dig a  www.surbl.org @ns13.surbl.org +short
> 66.170.2.60

Your RBLDNSD should not be listed as authorative server for the main zone,
only for the subzones... They can only answer for the zones you loaded.

But since 'only' NS1-13 are used for the SURBL.ORG zone this wont afect
anything, unless you also forward (locally) your requests or surbl.org to
that RBLDNSD...

Jeff is checking is we have servers 1-16 all ok now. So we can exclude
that from any problemlist shortly :)

Bye,
Raymond.