[SURBL-Discuss] surbl.org website down?

Raymond Dijkxhoorn raymond at prolocation.net
Tue Aug 17 12:40:07 CEST 2004

Hi!

> >> It's gone now.

> > There is NO zone (rbldnsd format) for surbl.org itself ?
>
> No.  Most of the content of the surbl.org is NS records
> for subdomain delegation.  Since rbldnsd does not support
> delegations I did not feel it necessary to make (and need to
> maintain) a separate rbldnsd file.

I know there is no zone, was just as a questionmark for the previous
poster :)

> Would it be useful to make one?  I suppose rbldnsd
> installations could just treat the parent and the child
> zones equally.  I guess I think in terms of the delegations
> being the most useful things.

Lets just leave it on bind for now, its small anyway. But in the future it
might be handy to have one that we can rsync as rbldnsd.

On the rsync box i dont see specific requests for that file, and besides
that, lets just announce it on the zoneslist, and go ahead.

Most are fetching up: rsync on surbl/*.rbldnsd

I will also compile a list of people still syncing the rbldns files, so
not the rbldnsd, so we can also get those out.

Its just a few syncing the rbldns files i noticed anyway, most are
fetching the rbldnsd ones.

Bye,
Raymond.