[SURBL-Discuss] cdbaby.com fp whitelisted

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Tue Aug 17 16:12:04 CEST 2004

cdbaby.com was on ws.  I've whitelisted it along with a couple
others:

cdbaby.com
hostbaby.com
hitmedia.com

This site claims to be the largest seller of independent musician
CDs on the web:

   http://www.cdbaby.com/about

>     * In business, and thriving, since March 1998. We're the
> largest seller of independent CDs on the web.
[...]
> Current Numbers:
>
>     * 69,591 artists sell their CD at CD Baby.
>     * 1,129,709 CDs sold online to customers.
>     * $9,041,358.43 paid to artists.
>
> CD Baby Privacy Policy
>
>     * We NEVER give or sell your personal info to any other
> company - EVER! (No not even your email address!)
>     * Only the musician whose CD you buy will know who you are.
>     * If you don't even want the musician to know about you,
> just say so at the bottom of your order form.

There's no way this domain should ever have been listed, even if
one of the artists using it DID spam.

ws folks please trace this one back.  We don't want more like
this.

Is anyone researching these before they get added?  Even a
cursory glance at their web page would show them to probably
be legitimate.

We really need to try to eliminate FPs or they will hurt
the project.