[SURBL-Discuss] Re: [SURBL-Zones] Lowering TTLs

Jeff Chan jeffc at surbl.org
Fri Aug 20 16:11:20 CEST 2004

On Friday, August 20, 2004, 9:24:10 AM, Mike Atkinson wrote:
> On 8/19/2004 at 4:20 PM, Jeff Chan wrote:

>> Does anyone mind if we try this out and see what effect it has
>> on traffic?

> Go for it!

OK I'm changing the TTLs on all tue SURBL lists to 25 minutes
which is a midway point between the 20 minutes I was going
to try for SC and the 30 minutes we proposed for the rest of
the lists.  25 minutes is also a good sampling frequency
to capture data that has a 1 hour characteristic frequency.

This is mainly an experiment to see what effect it has on
DNS traffic.   If the traffic on SC is not a lot lower, I'll
change it back to 10 minutes.  If the traffic on the other
lists is not a lot higher, I'll leave it at 25 minutes.

Jeff Chan
mailto:jeffc at surbl.org
http://www.surbl.org/