[SURBL-Discuss] Auto adding detected "static 'front page' sites".

Christiaan den Besten chris at scorpion.nl
Mon Aug 23 02:54:36 CEST 2004

> If you're pretty confident your scripts can catch the spam
> domains with few false positive, I'd say go for it.

It should only 'detect' sites already available to (our) WS list ... I think
that will hardly ever give FP's. In the beginning we could let the script
only check (manually added) known spam-sites, this should prevent FP's even
more...

> Your methodology in general sounds good to me:
>
> 1.  Spam domain appears in traps.
> 2.  Web page is static and appears in other spams.
> 3.  Add to WS.
>
> Perhaps you could publish your scripts for review, if you'd
> like that.   :-)

Sure.... I would first like to see if anyone could think of a flaw in this
method. If no one can think of anything I could try to code this the next
couple of days. Will publish the result as soon as its available.

I think the most complicated part is the 'filtering usable (non hidden)
url's out of received spam' part. I was thinking of reusing code designed by
the SA crew. Has anyone tried that before ?

bye,
Chris