[SURBL-Discuss] Weighted Reporting - was 'FPs in WS'

David Hooton david.hooton at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 23:14:47 CEST 2004

On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 02:10:07 -0700, Jeff Chan <jeffc at surbl.org> wrote:
> But the WS list source data does not always have this "spam
> volume" data behind it.  In some cases, the source data are
> just singular lists with no counts of how often they appeared
> in spam.  So weighting is probably not available across all of
> the WS data.

I think if a generic enough tracking and listing system was developed
WS contributors could all submit using it.  I realise this may be a
lot of work to create, but it would surely become a very useful tool
for all inds of abuse desks everywhere..

I've long dreamed of a system which has an inbound "queue" of messages
which I can reate rules against, hit refresh and see how many of the
messages would get through, then move on the create rules (read SURBL
listings) against the next message until no more messages in the
inbound queue exist.

Just an idea, unfortunately I'm not the worlds most gifted developer
or I'd do it myself.
--
Regards,

David Hooton