[SURBL-Discuss] WS & DS FP?

Chris Santerre csanterre at merchantsoverseas.com
Tue Aug 24 10:44:22 CEST 2004

>>> itwpub1.com
>>> itworld.com
>>> clickaction.net
>>>
>>> If anyone knows anything about any of them, please speak
>>> up.
>
>> FWIW, I've got "clickaction.net" spam in my archive and there's
>> a couple hundred NANAS listings for them too.
>
>> It may be that that "secure.clickaction.net" is the clean side
>> of their house but I have spam sent from the clickaction.net
>> mail servers containing "www.clickaction.net" URLs.
>
>I took a look at some of the NANAS hits on clickaction.net and
>most of them seem to be for legitimate businesses and
>organizations.  That leads me to think we should keep them off
>the lists, though they do seem somewhat spammy.
>
>Anyone else know anything about them?

Good lord the deeper the rabbit hole goes, the spammier they look! They are
yesmail, and yesmail is a spammer in my book! They are using itworld as a
"Legitimizer"  How does this quote of theirs sound to you?

"Join Yesmail, Latham & Watkins, and Accela Communications to learn more
about how you can mitigate risk to your company and continue to leverage the
power of email communications in your marketing programs."

With a quote like that, I would keep them listed in a heartbeat. And the
more I look the more I say let them stay. You legit companies in NANAS still
look like spam. The vermont teddy stuff looks like a run on a purchased mail
list.

I keep looking, and I keep seeing spammer! Someone show me a legit ham, that
was optin, or asked for!

--Chris